Contact The Author: rdlbarton@gmail.com

Ron. Lavalette's work has appeared in these fine publications:



Friday, January 20, 2023

Relative Distance

Red Wolf Journal (Online) January 2023

RWJ Winter/Spring Anthology (Online) March 2023

Red Wolf Editions (Online Author’s Collection; Visitations) – March 2023


I suppose I’ll be up late again tonight,
with the white high full moon
in the cold, almost-springtime sky
banging on the windowsill
screaming to be let in,
and you so far away.

I suppose that in two months’ time
the grass will have greened
and I will lie again in your arms,
having forgotten completely
the shadows of these midnight clouds
racing across the deadleaf lawn. 

Tonight, though,
it’s late and I’m awake,
thinking of you
staring up at the same silent moon
                   a quarter million miles away.